St Paul's Cathedral Choir: Jubilate
Classic FM is proud to present 'Jubilate', a sensational album celebrating 500 years of Cathedral Music.
Led by the world-renowned St Paul’s Cathedral Choir, this album features a host of famous choral music spanning five centuries – from Thomas Tallis’ Salvator Mundi to Paul Mealor’s Ubi Caritas, with Handel, Mendelssohn, Vaughan Williams and more between.
Not only does this album boast the great choral music of the last 500 years, it also showcases the incredible talent of our young choristers today. St Paul’s Cathedral Choir has joined forces with 50 young choristers from cathedrals across the UK (one representative for each of the UK’s cathedral choirs) for four tracks on the album. The amassed voices can be heard in glorious sound on Handel’s Zadok The Priest, Parry’s I Was Glad and Rutter’s A Gaelic Blessing.
This cathedral 'super-group' is directed by Andrew Carwood and includes a special guest appearance from former choirboy, Aled Jones.
Every copy of the album sold will raise money for the ‘Diamond Fund for Choristers’which aims to help young choral singers and secure the future of cathedral music. It is supported by Classic FM presenter Alexander Armstrong – also a former choirboy himself – who hails becoming a chorister as “the greatest leg-up a child can be given in life”.
- Zadok the Priest - Handel*
- Hear my Prayer I - Mendelssohn
- Hear my Prayer II: O For the Wings of a Dove - Mendelssohn
- Justorum Animae - Stanford
- Hosanna to the Son of David - Weelkes
- Salvator Mundi - Tallis
- O God thou art my God - Purcell
- Lord let me know mine end - Greene
- Greater Love Hath No Man - Ireland
- O taste and see - Vaughan Williams
- Evening Hymn - Balfour Gardiner
- Jubilate Deo - Walton
- The Lord is my Shepherd - Goodall
- The Lord Bless You and Keep You - Rutter
- Ubi Caritas - Mealor
- Gaelic Blessing (full choir) - Rutter*
- I was glad - Parry *
- Gaelic Blessing (with Aled Jones) - Rutter*
*with The Cathedral Choristers of Britain